The last five weeks have been a total whirlwind! Let’s recap in bullet points, shall we?
- We packed up our house, sent our stuff to storage, and said goodbye to Florida for the first time ever.
- I drove by myself with both girls, across the state, only to have Emmalyn projectile vomit all over herself. Exorcist style. Yup. That was fun. Needless to say, we lost a very loyal car seat that day.
- This mama traded in her beloved SUV for her dream car: A Minivan.
- Note: The above car purchase was not due to the vomiting 😉
- We vacationed in Hilton Head Island, and added an extra night because, well, we deserved it!
- Because our house wasn’t ready yet, but The Hubs had to report to his next duty station, we parked ourselves in a little bungalow for three weeks. We lived out of two suitcases and a duffel bag of toys. Lord only knows how we did it! All I have to say is, thank goodness for Netflix!
- Emmalyn went to Vacation Bible School for the first time and loved it. Surprisingly enough, the Catholic church camp dug back into their Old Testament roots and she learned about Judaism, much to my parents and my amusement.
- Blake and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary! My in-laws happened to be in town so we actually got to go out to dinner sans kiddos.
- We FINALLY got to move into our new house! Have you ever rented a home “sight unseen”? Welp, we just did! You can imagine our nerves the first time we set foot in our new place! But we quickly breathed a sigh of relief when we saw that God was with us, and we made the right decision.
- We had quite a scare when we thought the movers lost an entire crate of our stuff, including our desktop computer with My Life on it!
- I signed Emmalyn up for Pre-Kindergarten. Holy goodness gracious! I can’t believe it!
- Unpacking with two littles in quite interesting. And s l o w. And requires a lot of patience.
- Thank goodness for an amazing sister-in-law, who will unpack your e n t i r e kitchen and you don’t have to worry about a thing. I seriously don’t know what I would have done without her! Oh, I know: I’d still be standing in the middle, wondering where all my shit goes.
- Also, Military Wives are the bomb dot com. No joke. Those ladies step up and make you feel like you’re right at home. They take your kids and feed them while you unpack, and they pour you a glass of wine and tell you deployment will suck, but you’ll be all right.
So what have I learned?
I’ve learned that all you need is family by your side. I’ve learned that adventures are fun, but settling down is necessary, too. And I’ve learned that it’s actually quite possible to survive on two suitcases and one duffel bag of toys for a family of four.
So why the eff am I unpacking a gazillion boxes?!?!!