Okay, so sometimes I have all these things I want to blog about, and other times, NADA. Sometimes, randomly throughout the week, I’ll think, Ooohh, I should blog about that! But then when I sit down at my laptop, I have already forgotten what was on my mind! Does this happen to anyone else??
If you read my post last week, B and I celebrated three years together. I can’t believe it’s been that long! We went to dinner at a local museum, and believe it or not, we were the only ones in the restaurant! B joked that he rented out the place just for us 🙂 Dinner was delicious, by the way. He had a steak with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies, and I had pan-seared salmon with this amazing tangy-lemon-y sauce, olives, mashed potatoes & veggies. Mmm..mmm…mm…..
After dinner, we went to the Ritz for drinks and dessert. I almost never drink, but their signature item is a chocolate martini and it was fantastic. We shared a molten lava chocolate cake and it was to die for!
Not a whole lot going on today… I had two days off of work in a row (a rare occasion since I normally work six days a week). B’s studying for school (what’s new?!) and I’m hanging out on the couch doing absolutely nothing! Indy got a bath today and he smells like baby powder 🙂 I’m going to post a video of him soon because he’s just too ridiculously cute!
On another note…
Has anyone read “Dear John”? I always try to read the book before the movie.
I’m not going to spoil it or anything, but I was bawling my eyes out! I mean, c’mon… it’s a Nicholas Sparks book. Does he ever write anything that doesn’t make you cry?? I almost don’t want to see the movie because I don’t want to cry all over again, BUT…. HELLO??? Who can resist Channing Tatum’s B-O-D!?!
Anywho… that’s my little guilty pleasure for the day. [Shhh., don’t tell the boyfriend] I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!
Kelsey, at The Seattle Smith’s, topic for Wishful Wednesday is:
‘I wish’… I had the startup funds to build that company I have always dreamt about, and it would be _____!
Hmm… this is a good one, and it reminds me of my dad because he’s always encouraging me to do random things like take singing lessons (I can take a hint!), learn another language, and start my own business. And when do you think I’d have time do all this, Dad??! Any way… I would probably start my own swim lesson business. I’m a certified Water Safety Instructor, as well as a lifeguard. I have worked as a lifeguard every summer since I was sixteen, and have been teaching private swim lessons since I was seventeen. I’ve taught as young as nine months, up to eight years. I also coached kids for swim team. Before I moved this year, I was teaching at the summer camp I attended as a kid! In addition to teaching at the camp, I taught private lessons on the side. I realized that’s where the money’s at! At the camp, I only made a fraction of the price parent’s paid for the lesson, whereas when I worked on the side, I made all the money. It was great, too, because the parents would tell their friends and I’d receive more clients. I was actually starting to turn people down because I just didn’t have enough time!
Who knows, maybe when I’m a little older, I’ll own a house with a (heated) pool and start my own swim lesson business. Having a little underwater fun—I love my underwater camera! Once the child knew how to swim safely and comfortably, I would take pictures of him or her for the parents as a little “End of the Lesson” gift: What company would you want to start?
If you want in on the Wishful Wednesdays fun, hop on over to Kelsey’s blog at The Seattle Smith’s.
This is what I woke up to this morning…. The golf course in our backyard was covered in frost. Doesn’t Mother Nature know I live in south Florida?!
Of course I had to go outside and commemorate the moment. Indy was eating the frost off the grass, haha! Don’t make fun of my excitement… I know some of you are up to your elbows in snow, but it’s not every day–or even every ten years–you get to see this in Florida.
It’s a whoppin’ 31 degrees right now. I hope y’all are staying warm wherever you are!
Oh, P.S. The frost has already melted away… boo
January 13th will be my and B’s THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! (yay!) I can’t believe it’s been three years already! Is anyone wondering how we met…? Here’s the love story:
My sorority was having a semi-formal and I didn’t have a date. It was my first big sorority function, having just rushed that semester. My future college roommate at the time told me one of our sisters, who I didn’t really know at the time, said her brother and his friend would be up for going. I talked to her and asked her what her brother looked like (please don’t judge, I’m really not shallow! haha) When I saw his picture, I thought, he’s pretty cute… Okay! I’ll take him. What did I have to lose, right? My sorority sister was going to take his friend. A week before the semi-formal, she took me over to B’s fraternity house to meet him (and his friend) before the actual sorority function. He made us London Broil and mashed potatoes! After my sorority sister had to leave early, B and I just talked for a while and got to know one another.
Here is our first picture together (everyone dresses up in camo and we go to a boondocks bar. It’s so much fun!) Oh, and yes, I had blonde hair:
And the rest is history…. If it weren’t for my sorority sister and B’s sister, we wouldn’t be together. Here’s three years in photos (there were so many it was hard to choose!) Warning: lots of photos up ahead.
Our 2nd semi-formal:
Our 1 year anniversary. He took me this restaurant called Emmanuel’s, located on the 28th floor of Bank of America in downtown Orlando:
My sorority’s formal (we’ve been to three together):
At my sorority sister’s & his fraternity brother’s wedding:
We went on a six-day cruise to Cozumel and Belize for our 2nd anniversary:
Visiting my family in West Virginia:
The 3rd anniversary of our first date:
B was on Homecoming Court in 2008:
Graduating college together!!! I love this picture of us:
One of our many family vacations together:
Move-in day! Our first picture in our first (rented) house. We picked up and moved as B was starting his first year of medical school. (And no, we didn’t plan to match. Somehow we always end up doing that, haha!)
First family photo with our fur baby:
I couldn’t ask for a better boyfriend! I’m truly blessed to have B in my life. The past three years have been amazing and I can’t wait for what’s to come!
Katherine Anne over at Medical School Mrs. gave me this blog award! Thank you, KA!
The 10 Things That Make Me Happy:
1. My boyfriend’s hugs & kisses….ahhhh love…
2. Seeing my toy poodle puppy, Indy, when I wake up in the morning and when I come home from work. He bursts out of his crate with excitement and showers me with kisses.
3. Yoga. I love the peacefulness of it.
3. Chocolate. Fudge, specifically.
4. Babies & little kiddies. They’re too cute.
5. My job. I’m so lucky to have a job that makes me smile every day and that I thoroughly enjoy going to (even if it is six days a week).
6. HOT bubble baths. And I mean HOT!
7. A great book. I love to read.
8. My friends and family. Enough said.
9. A sun-kissed tan at the beach. (Having a great bikini helps, too.)
10. Hot green ten (sometimes with honey). It’s my daily morning vice.
I don’t even know where to start! These last few weeks have been crazy, busy, fun! (I’ll try to make this as short and sweet as possible):
1. B’s parents treated everyone to a weekend getaway at the Grand Cypress near Disney. In case I’ve never mentioned it before, B has two older sisters. Here’s a room with a view, if you ask me:
2. The whole fam went to the coolest mini-golf place ever! It was Disney’s Fantasia-themed. Just a little goofing off with the boy…
3. I took a little break from the resort to support my best friend & sorority sister, Lauren, at her college graduation. I always love when we get to hang out, but wished we lived closer. I can’t wait ‘til we go see Swifty (Taylor Swift) in concert together in March!
4. Back to the resort… On the second night of the weekend we celebrated B’s grandma’s 80th birthday! We jumped on the Disney monorail and hotel-hopped to see the Christmas decorations and watch the Magic Kingdom’s fireworks from the Polynesian. I love this pic of us (even though my eyes look funny from adjusting the red eye. I really need to invest in a better camera).
5. “Goofing” (no pun intended) around at the hotel shops. Only a few hours until my 23rd birthday!
6. One of my favorites. B’s sister volunteered as our photographer and caught this candid. I love it. (Again, new camera needed desperately!)
7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY (and Hanukah) TO ME!!! A fun fact about me… half my family is Christian/Catholic/Baptist and the other half is Jewish. Interesting mix, huh? In my parents’ household we celebrate Hanukah. If we go to West Virginia where my mom’s family is, we celebrate Christmas. And with B’s fam, we celebrate Christmas. At my and B’s house, we had both a Menorah and a Christmas tree. It’s ALL FUN! Here’s a picture of me with one of my Hanukah gifts from my mom. I’ve been swooning over these Victoria’s Secret “Pink loves the Knights” sweats. (Not posting all the pics of my goodies, especially since all the pictures clearly give away that I just rolled out of bed, HA!)
I also got a Longchamp backpack in taupe. I have two other Longchamp bags and just love them!
For my birthday my parents got me this baby (I got the matching ring for my 21st birthday):
One of my other absolute favorite Christmas gifts was from B’s parents. They were so thoughtful and got me a mug with pictures of B and me because they know how much I love to drink hot green tea every morning. On top is says “Live, Laugh, Love.”
8. Finally, we have come to Midnight Mass. B’s mom plays the bells for their church and it’s absolutely beautiful to listen to them. But what a late night! I didn’t get back to my parents’ house until 2 a.m. Then, I had to drive two hours the next morning to be back on the gulf coast to work at noon! Yes, that’s right… I had to work on Christmas. Two year-olds don’t stop, and neither do I!
I hope everyone had a very safe, happy, and blessed holiday and New Years. Welcome 2010! I can’t wait to see what’s in store.
At the moment I am experimenting with a new layout. I try to be computer savvy, but I kid myself. Surprisingly I figured out how to get this far, but I cannot figure out how to insert text/pictures into my header. Working on it…
…meanwhile… I just love SHABBY BLOGS, which is where I have gotten my last two blog designs.